Central Texas School Ratings

Posted by Grossman & Jones Group on Tuesday, August 28th, 2018 at 1:57pm.

All Texas Schools received their report card this month. The Texas Education Agency has released their ratings for school districts in Texas. Each district receives a grade based on their performances in the following three areas:

  • Student Achievement measures what students know and can do by the end of the year.  It includes results from state assessments across all subjects for all students, on both general and alternate assessments, College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators, like AP and ACT results, and graduation rates.
  • School Progress measures how much better students are doing on the STAAR test this year versus last year, and how much better students are doing academically relative to schools with similar percentages of economically disadvantaged students.
  • Closing the Gaps looks at performance among student groups, including various racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds, and other factors.

The majority of the rating is based on Student Achievement or Student Progress. Whichever score is better between the two is the only performance measure counted in the calculations, which accounts for 70% of the overall rating. The remaining 30% is based on Closing the Gaps score.

Central Texas School District Grades: 

You can search for schools and districts at https://txschools.org/.
All information from this article was provided by the Texas Education Agency. More information on how the schools are ranked can be found here.

Leave a Comment

Format example: you@domain.com
Format example: yourwebsitename.com

Sign up for email updates